Alterations and extension of the Staples store on Mitcham's Corner
The Planning Committee met in early August and approved an application for relatively small-scale
alterations and refurbishment of the existing buildings, resulting in a smaller
Staples plus two new units. We understand that one of these will be a medical practice; the other
might be a food store, restaurants, business offices, or licensed premises, etc.
- Staples will remain, with reduced area of 1200 sq m compared to 2200 sq m now. The part of
Staples near Lloyds would be split into two new units of 580 sq m and 500 sq m. This will
involve extending the building out slightly to be flush with the front of Lloyds
- The two units will be licensed in classes A1 to A5, which mean the following:
- Class A1 – Shops and retail outlets
- Class A2 – Professional services
- Class A3 – Food and drink
- Class A4 – Drinking establishments
- Class A5 – Hot food and takeawayS
- Goods access near to present pedestrain entrance (alongside car ramp). All servicing
(refuse etc) from Chesterton Road only.
- 27 parking spaces on first floor (for customers only) – same as at present.
- No significant changes to the appearance of the building. Cosmetic improvements:
cleaning of brickwork, replacement of boarded windows, etc.